Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Musician Portraits

Yesterday evening I had the pleasure of working with one of my favorite wedding couples for the second time.  Ben and Stephanie are so much fun to work with and be around.  Ben is currently beginning his doctoral studies at the U of M.  He contacted me about taking some head shots and detail shots of him and his instruments for his website.

I was thrilled to help him out and we had a lot of fun on the first half of our shoot.  We spent a couple hours shooting details and some shots of Ben with his instruments.  A special thanks to Stephanie for agreeing to be my stand-in assistant through the shoot.

Both his tenor and alto saxophones are incredibly interesting subjects.  I really hadn't realized how intricate they are until we were working and trying to decide what parts we wanted to highlight.  We could have easily spent several more hours focusing on all the little details.  Below are a few of the detail shots and one of my favorites of Ben with both of his instruments.










No comments:

Post a Comment