Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Light Speed Train

While down on Harriet Island recently I stopped on the train tracks to take a few pictures.  From behind I heard the sounds of the train approaching so after finishing the current shot I set up to catch the train as it went by.  I'm fairly surprised that the image didn't blur from motion even though it was on a tripod.  I could feel the ground move as the train rolled by.  While it looks like the train went flying by it actually was going pretty slowly. 

I left the shutter open for about 30 seconds.  It is amazing how much of the image behind the train was captured.  The breaks between cars was pretty short but the long exposure allowed more than a dozen cars to pass. 

Overall I like the image.  It has motion, an interesting sky and those nice little star lights that are created with a small aperture.

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day.  I can't help but think of my Dad and the things that I would give anything to share with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment